Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Build Booklet Error... Invalid State 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ally2569

Technical User
Aug 25, 2003
US
I have a 32 (8.5 x 11) page document that I am trying to build into a (2-up Saddle Stitched 11x17) booklet. Every time I apply it, when it is initializing, an error comes up that says "Invalid state for requested operation" Error -7215.

Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks!

My guess is that there are one or more elements (text or graphics) that cross the page boundaries.

If this is the case, use the crop tool to reduce the graphic's size until it is contained with the page border, run the plug-in and then uncrop the offending graphic.

Thanks for the response...
I went ahead and cropped all boxes that were past the edge of the document, yet the message "Invalid state for requested operation" still appeared.

I'm clueless!

Hi, ally2569,

> "An error occurred in Build Booklet. 'Invalid state for requested operation.' Error number: 7215"

You can find how to deal with this error message in the Adobe PM KB at:
I know it says PM6.x but it's more or less the same for PM7.

Iechyd da! John
23:28 26/08/2003 BST

Big John...

Thanks for the tip...
That link was awesome... and I'm sure I'll be able to solve my problem. I'll let ya know if it works. Thanks again!

Ally M

Hi, ally2569,

I hope you get your booklet created.

Iechyd da! John
14:52 27/08/03 BST

Big John...

Question for ya: I now have a 40 page 8.5 x 11 document in Quark Xpress that I need to make into a 2-up Saddle Stitch 11x17 Document. I'm rather rusty in my Quark skills. Any notion on how to go about this?

Thanks for any clues...
I will post in the Quark forum as well.

Ally

Hi, Ally,

Sorry, I'm not a QXP user.

I've converted QXP files to PM before now with some success, but they all required tidying up.

Iechyd da! John
18:43 28/08/2003 BST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back