Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Buiding part of form from list box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smoulg28

MIS
Aug 5, 2003
NZ
Hi there,

I have created some dynamic dropdown menus and now want to create a small table. The table has two columns and the number of row is dependent on the menu last menu.

I have created the first part of the form using straight JavaScript but I guess I need to create the rest with ASP to get this to update the form while staying on the same page. Was suggested to me that I could use "INCLUDE" but couldnt get this to work. Am very new to ASP so would appreciate some pointers.

a bit more clear please (with an e.g.)

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Well basically. The drop down menu is populated with, for example, 1,2,3,4. Selecting 4 from menu will then display a table of 4 rows x 2 columns just below this menu. If 2 was selected then will build a 2 x 2 table. The cells in the right hand column will be populated with text boxes.

hope this is a bit clearer.

u can use:
1. DOM
2. ASP

1. For DOM refer JS forum.

2. ASP - Resubmit the form using JS(to itself). read the select value and use a for loop to generate the rows...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

ok got a bit further now... using ASP
I can get it to resubmit and bring up the required sized table.
Now I want to be able to keep the data that has already been submitted to stay. I have got the text boxes to "remember" the data...
but how do you get a radio button and a dropdown to repopulate?

Found some nifty code from the forum... as for the repopulating of the dropdown... solved. It was quite obvious really. I just used the "onload" atribute in the body tag :)

Thank anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back