Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bugcheck 000076

Status
Not open for further replies.

cbs604

Instructor
Jun 7, 2003
AU
Since installing Zone Alarm Pro, the pc occasionaly reboots leaving a "bugcheck 00000076" in the event log. I have searched everywhere for a description of "...76" without success. Does anyone know what it refers to?

I leave the pc in standby mode overnight and the problem always occurs within half an hour or so of coming out of standby mode (but not EVERY day).

I know the problem will go away if I remove zapro, but I do want to use it, therefore I need to get to the root cause.

Anyone have any ideas?

Cheers,
Brodie

Bugcheck errors are usually identical to Stop errors. The error message (0x00000076) is referring to a driver that is encountering a locked memory page. You need to track the locked page so you can determine what driver is causing the problem. Then I would suggest updating the driver in question or replacing the associated hardware component with one that is more compatible. Here's a link that details the problem and tells you how to track the driver:

Hope this helps.

I have since removed zapro because it was causing some grief elsewhere, and have'nt had any problems since.

Thanks, tellco, I put in that registry entry, but methinks the problem might have gone away. So we will never know!

Cheers,
Brodie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back