Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Buffers or counters to predict an INI? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gem257

Programmer
Jun 9, 2009
US
I have a customer who states that a previous tech used to check certain "counters" or "buffers" that would increment and alert him that a manual INI ought to be performed to avoid the PBX doing an INI on its own. I don't know what kind of counters they are referring to. Anyone have any ideas?

they are referring to an idiot.. watch the cli screen for errors.. take care of the errors.. test the standby side, stat your clocks, note your lcnt tables..

if you program from command line long enough you may notice a slower respose if your cpu or ram is loaded but predicting earthquakes would be eaiser..

i maintain an 81c (cs1000) with 7K users and 3 inhouse techs making changes.. we have had zero ini's in the last five years.. the only out of service was during a reload/upgrade.. it may flip this afternoon, but there is not a magic file to keep track of..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Sounds like the guy had a hell of a scam going, maybe an INI once a week on OT

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Thank you gentlemen. I've been at this for 13 years now and don't proclaim to know everything, I occasionally run into some "lesser known" facets of the switch, but had never heard of this. It could be the tech was indeed going the OT route on an unassuming customer. Who knows...

Like John said, "only an idiot can predict an INIT".

It amazes me how a knowledgeable IT person would let someone play that game. That type of guy should be run out of town on rails. I pride myself on how smoothly my systems run for years without any errors.
Normally, the customer ends up blowing up a system here or there. The last one was having the roof fixed, and they left it open for the day. A freak storm hit and flooded the switchroom. A Newly upgraded 61 blew up, and a new 11 was installed to replace it the next week. No dialtone for a week. It was fun. That system hasn't burped in over a year.

DocVic
Dedicated to Nortel Products till the end.
Need help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back