Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Buffalo Linkstation Pro + Access Restrictions using Active Directory..

Status
Not open for further replies.

sh321

IS-IT--Management
May 4, 2007
Hi all,

Just recently purchased a Buffalo Linkstation Pro 500GB network hard drive. It works well in general but I am having problems accessing the shares when AD permissions are set.

Everytime I try to browse or map to a share, I always get prompted for a username and password; then when I do enter the admin credentials I get the:

"\\NAS_Device is not accesible. You might not have permission to use the network recourse. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have acces permissions.

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource bu the same user, using more than one user name, are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again."

I have disconnected all mapped drives but continuously get this message and cannot not map/access shares.

Any one had any experience with the Buffalo NAS unit?

Thanks.

Hi All,

I have exactly the same issue, and have to re-start my link statation and then I can log on. It has been working fine in the past, this behaviour has just recently started for me.

Thanks

@Kitesurfer1:

Have you got it set up with Active Directory too?

Like I said, I've had the 'problem' from new. Well I'm assuming it was working for you as it should initially then? That would eliminate and firmware issues for example.

Well I think I answered my own question...

Updating the firmware from 1.03 to the latest 1.10 resolves the active directory issues.

Hope this helps you and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back