Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BU Exec 9.1, job service stops randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.

r042wal

Technical User
Mar 23, 2003
CA
My customer has the latest release of 9.1 running on Small Business Servr 2003. About every other week, the Backup Exec job service decides to stop. The job fails and the tape gets stuck in the machine. I will go in remotely, start the service up, and everything is fine for another while.

I can't find ot 'why' the service is stopping, the event viewer does not give me that detail. Any suggestions outside of reinstalling? SBS 2003 is not at SP1 yet. Neither is Exchange.

hanks

First thing I would do is install Backup Exec SP4a.

Could I install it remotely? Is a reboot required?

yes you can install it remotely - reboot is required

All patched steveot. I notice when I click 'About Veritas' on the help menu, it does not indicate SP4a. All that's there is Rev 4691.

When I checked a couple of files randomly on 'Program Files' against the contents of SP4a in the SP4a doc, some files were off by 1 day, whereas 'beserver' for example had the correct date.

Is it normal that it does not say SP4?

TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back