Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

btrieve error on client in *.dat file status 3106 Pervasive SQL7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2002
DK
I just upgraded Winproxy, a proxy and firewall program, on a NT server 4. After this upgrade all programs on the clients (running win98) except the Pervasive clients run. I thought, I could just install IPX protocol to solve the problem (something happened to the TCP-IP protocol). But this only helped for 30 minutes. I then received the same error on the clients. I have tried to remove the TCP-IP protocol, to remove and reinstall the Pervasive SQL software, to start and stop both the service and the server. Still no luck. I have also stopped the proxy/firewall program, but this did not help.
Does anyone have any ideas ?

You could check the resource usage within Pervasive monitor to see if there are any limits being hit and check the communications statistics as well.

Maybe you could check the active files and usres while you are trying to use your apps to see what accesses you are/are not getting...

Any of the following below apply?

3106: The Pervasive Network Services Layer encountered a connection failure

The Pervasive Network Services Layer was able to establish a transport connection at the client side, but the connection attempt at the target side failed. Some possible causes are:

• The MicroKernel is not running on the server.

• The network is overloaded.

• The connection path is invalid.

• You have more than one mapped drive to the same server.

• You are trying to access an engine on a Windows NT server and the Accept Remote Requests setting of the Btrieve Communications Manager on that server is set to Off. See the Pervasive.SQL Advanced Operations Guide for more information.

Check the Pervasive Event Log (PVSW.LOG) for more information if you receive this status code.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back