Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Btrieve Error #21

Status
Not open for further replies.

middi1

IS-IT--Management
Jul 3, 2001
US
We are getting a btrieve error #21 on a workstation trying to run a dos accounting app. It has worked fine until we switched to pervasive SQL 2000. We have the app on the netware 5.1 server with patch 2a on it. Have SQL 2000 on the server and pervasive on the client. We get the error when trying to close month end on an accounting app called AMSI. Can the client or server be adjusted to alleviate this error? I have BTRBox95 loaded also. Also use Bdosstub loaded on the client and not BTrieve or Brequest loaded.

Basically Pervasive.SQL 2000 SP2a and 3 (i) enforce what's been in the developers manuals for years - that you have to set up your buffers (in this case the key buffer) correctly - but never enforced by the requesters.

21: The key buffer parameter is too short
The key buffer parameter is not long enough to accommodate the key field for the requested index path. Verify that the length of the key buffer equals the defined length of the key specified in the key number parameter.

This was necessary to address other reported issues and so the application needs to be updated by the vendor to address this. In the meantime you can probably use the Pervasive.SQL 2000 SP1 requesters which don't enforce proper key buffers until the app vendor gets you and update. Please contact Pervasive Support or Sales and explain the situation and that you need SP1 requesters for the status 21 problem and they will give you a link where you can download them to resolve this temporarily. Also please have the application vendor contact Pervasive Software so we can work with them to fix this issue.

Regards,
Pervasivite

Btrieve Communication Error

Status Code= 91
This error comes every time i install Pervasive SQL 2000
on a workstation and the installscout does the stress test a communication test and it tries to test the sample database on the network, but it fails.

Hope to find help over here.
Regards

Pilot4

1) What protocol are you using / have you configured?

2) What server type (NT / Novell / Linux)?

3) What release of PSQL 2000? (Base, SP1, SP2 or SP3 (2000i))

Usually, this is a communications error of some sort between the client and the server. Occasionally, it is because the server is out of client sessions (check the Number of Sessions parameter on the server configuration).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back