Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BT2-A-2400-UK Phone unit 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

matelot2

Technical User
Apr 29, 2015
GB
Hi,

I maintain the electronics for a garden railway system un the UK. I would like to set up a number of phones connected around the site. Someone has given me a BT2-A-2400 and a number of phones that have been replaced in a local factory but no paperwork or connection leads.

Does anyone know how this system is connected up just to allow phones to be used internally and would someone mind providing me with paperwork or information how to connect it up?

Thanks,

Bob.

Hi Bob

can you send photos or any other model numbers?

Can't see anything regarding this model anywhere.

Calum

Calum M
ACSS

BT2-A-2400-UK Phone unit"

"Someone has given me a BT2-A-2400 and a number of phones"

Conflict!
This tells me that the "BT2-A-2400-UK" is not a phone unit, but more a system of sorts.

I assume since the hyphens were typed out between the letters then it must be the part number seen on the device by matelot2?
Maybe a very rare version?

BT2 - The latest in Bluetooth technology
A - Audio
2400 - MHz
UK - Made in the UK

Possible device = Startech - Bluetooth Audio Receiver with NFC
??
lol

matelot2, you need to also provide info on the phones themselves.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

I think more likely to be a product manufactured by BT (British Telecom), but who knows!

Calum M
ACSS

Hi,
Thanks for the replies I have enclosed photos of the front, back and info plate. The unit is 300mm x 220mm x 50mm.
20220507_004455_1_xlhqcx.jpg
20220507_004516_1_ewcna0.jpg
20220507_004545_1_tz1frd.jpg

I was under the impression it was an exchange unit for the phones?
Mat

2400bps British Telecom modem intended for local and remote (via dial-up) maintenance access to a PBX.

Ah, I have seen these before for remote access onto old Nortel PBX units.

As libellis said, it's a modem use to remotely access the system, typically connected to a PSTN with the serial connections going into the PBX.

Calum M
ACSS

Also "made in Canada" most likely a Nortel rebranded product much like lots of the 90's BT equipment.

Calum M
ACSS

Thanks, but I'm not sure the star is deserved. Once that photo was posted, I think I just beat everyone else to the punch. I also confirmed via a search, although there is virtually nothing about the unit that I could find, other than seeing it as a single line item on an equipment list, and a reference to the product type in a 2006 Tek-Tips Meridian Option 11 post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back