Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BT Diverts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ant007

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
GB
I have located an answer to this question on this site - but I just need confirmation.
I am installing a system tomorrow with 5 BT analogue lines.
The site have been using the BT select service to divert calls to there branch site at required times using code "*21*N#", this is a BT code.
If I delete the present *21 shortcode from the IPoffice and then program a a button on the handset to: Dial, *21*N#. Will this send the code to BT and ignore the IPoffice
Also will this be the same for cancelling the divert with BT using the code #21#.

thanks

Problem comes when the system steps through the lines, so you will not know what line it dials out on, if BT allow setting and cancelling from seperate physical lines on the same number you will be ok :)

You would normally have to do this from BT line 1.

You would need to do some messing with lines groups and ARS or try a line appearence for line 1.

Good luck with this. I hate IPO on alog lines.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

i think the line appearance way is your best bet. we do this in the US for call fwd options all the time.

Kevin Wing
ACSS Small and Medium Enterprise (SME) Communications
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

+1 Hate analog lines as well.

this almost justifies a line appearance key (uggh) but the best way is to give line 1 a different out going group ID & use an ARS fall back to enable it to remain part of the main pool if needed

you then need 2 short-codes to dial the necessary BT codes which you can then program under the keys (this way the system short code *21 can stay.)

The cust would have been better served by upgrading to ISDN2 at the same time as having the new system.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Thats what Im going for. I thought i would programme all there analogue against line appearance - they then press the line button dial the code and off the calls go. I am just unable to test it until i get to site.

you only need one appearance key for L1 & the problem is it will b*&&*@%s up any sensible call routing.

A Maintenance contract is essential, not a Luxury.
Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I wouldn't use line appearences for any of it personally, I would use the 2 ARS route method and user shortcode.

Another issue with analogue lines is depending on how you programme your shortcodes depends on how many digits are displayed when you dial, by default it will stop displaying after 4 digits if the user dials a liitle slow as at that point it's connected to line and so stops showing further digits dialled.

They are just nasty, we tend to do a free ISDN conversion if the customer takes a slightly longer lines/minutes contract :)

Problem is, I don't think *21* works on BT ISDN 2. But you could use the IPO for the divert if that was the case.

Jamie Green

Football is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

You don't need to, do partial re-routing or just plain forward the call :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back