Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSTDX does not recognise new Flash card - help?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drule

Technical User
Feb 29, 2004
GB
Hi

We've had all sorts of problems recently with CP40s dying with 31.0 PCFS failures. We're runing an old Jade code 4.4.2.4, and obviously Lucent are being very unhelpful as tihs product is end of life.
We have a mix of SanDisk 440Meg Flash, which they don't make anymore (and incidentally i cannot find drivers to read on my laptop). We also have another breed (can't remember which, thati can read in my laptop fine, they're 448 Meg). It's mostly the 440s that are failing.
I want ot swap for SanDisk Industrial Grade 512s, but when i load them up in the switch the mon960 ebugger stalls at the point where it sees the Flash. It can see the size, then just before it goes to POST i get an error message.

MIM Chksum Failed! Error=1
doing the limited Mon960 stuff that i know i can see that i get a message MIM Layout Size Byte is Zero! It seems some sort of register entry needs to be changed - i tried copying the rom files from a good Flash to this one but still the same thing happens.

Does anyone know how to get the CP40 to see a new Flash card. I really don't want to go the route of £thousands for used CP40s for a Flash card problem that's gonna cost a couple of hundred.

OK, I have an update to this now. The CP40 board i had was faulty, hence the error i was seeing. However, now i have something different.
When i stick the Flash onto a good board, it bootstraps fine, then reboots as normal. The CP40 passes all the Disk tests, and ocmes up with the Flash image, then your supposed to get the
init_socket: ATA
bit which initialises the Flash and causes the CP Boot to load i guess - this doesn't happen it just sits there and then fails - anyone have any ideas. The same card works fine in the CBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back