Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BST Door Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryreeve

Vendor
Jan 16, 2002
US
will a door opening controller work with analog phones? it seems that the cordless phones are having a problem with dialing the 6 to release the door. I am going back out in the am to check the dip switches on the DOC but it should have been default (6)
the release from the soft button on the phones works fine.

----------------------------
40: Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
50: who put this $%@#(*$ Hill Here??
JerryReeve
Telecommunication Technology Services

Hi Jerry

If I recall you cannot use analog sets with docs.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

As I read I see conflicting answers, perhaps it's a Norstar vs BST or ATA type or maybe 2 Intercoms needed on ATA etc.

I tried asking another user if F808 helped but no answer.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

it seems odd that the DOC can't use analog phones to release since you can select a digit to release the door but this may just be for the 7100 or 7208 phones.

40: Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
50: who put this $%@#(*$ Hill Here??
JerryReeve
Telecommunication Technology Services

I would try a test set on the ATA to rule out the actual cordless phone.

I cannot find any documentation that states an ATA will not work.
However the overview states:
"The optional Door Opening Controller enables any Norstar phone to control a latch on a door or a gate"

Only bcmfiftyfan seems to have it working that I could find.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back