Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSOD when installing Windows 2000 Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBadBaz1

IS-IT--Management
Sep 9, 2008
Hi. I just bought a Rackable Systems server (COM10780: The MoBo is the Intel Server Board SE7501WV2.

I need to install Windows 2000 Server, but as soon as I get to the point where it says "Setup is now starting Windows 2000" I get a BSOD. The error is: *** Stop: 0x0000007B (0xF6863848, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)
INACCESSABLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Things I've tried:

1. Installed Windows Server 2003 without a problem. Unfortunately, I need to use 2000.

2. Download SCSI and RAID Drivers from Intel, load with F6. BSOD.

3. Download SCSI and RAID Drivers from Intel, slipstream. BSOD.

4. Slipstream Windows 2000 Server Service Pack 4. BSOD.

I've been ion contact with Rackable Systems Tech Support, but they've been no help at all.

Can anyone PLEASE help me. I really needed this server up and running last week.

Thanks in advance!

Hi BigBadBaz1

Did you check the HCL to see if this board and other components are listed among the compatible devices used with 2000?

Just curious to know if this was something you may have overlooked. This in addition to the correct scsi drivers for the scsi drive and adapter you have in your system

When you run the setup I see you mentioned the F6 key and this can sometimes get funky if the scsi device and or driver doesnt jive with the version of windows server.

I'll look into a few other areas to see what I can come up with because I'm in the market for a rack server myself

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back