Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSOD STOP:C0000263 error

Status
Not open for further replies.

AWR77

Technical User
Jun 4, 2009
CA
I let AVG do auto restart, system froze on bootup. Won't run in SAFE mode either. Did repair from Win2K/SP4 (tried original CD too), now get
STOP: C0000263 {Driver Entry Point Not Found}
The \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\FLTMGR.sys device driver could not locate the entry point IoGetDeviceAttachmentBaseRef in driver ntoskrnl.exe
Question: I can boot with parallel install and
edit registry; where do I find the errant entry so
I can zap it in the registry? Or if it is a case of the (new) function IoGetDeviceAttachmentBaseRef not being implemented, how do I put it into the registry or ntoskrnl.exe?

Yes, that's my post! Haven't had anyone shed light on it yet.

Install update rollup 1 for Windows 2000 SP4. See KB891861 for details.

I've looked at that, but since the array won't boot up, how do I deploy the rollup manually?
I can boot from another drive installation, and have access to the non-booting drive's data.

You didn't mention an array before...Is this a server, or a PC with a built in raid.

It's a server, using an Adaptec multi-channel RAID card.
However, the saga continues. I found that AVG was preventing bootup by locking the drive ahead of Autochk.exe
I found that the rollup could be applied to the non-booting drive by booting to a parallel install, doing all the updates, then copying ntoskrnl over to the array.
Still, however, it doesn't want to boot. Now I'm doing a parallel install of XP Pro, will play with that for a bit. My data is intact, just a nuisance that I'll possibly have to reinstall the software. Running boot.ini /SOS still doesn't give me enough diagnostics to see where it hangs up. All drivers load, it scans the drives, then stops. Maybe XP will solve the issue..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back