Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSOD kinda

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxzombiexxx

Technical User
Jan 8, 2002
US
Anyone have any kind of idea what this might be caused by

every now and again i get a blue screen with this at the top of it

*** STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000015, 0x00000002 0x00000000, 0xEB6EAB46)
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

*** Address EA6EAB46 base at EB6E8000, DateStamp 3cc7ab4a - uhcd.sys

Beginning dump of physical memory

it does it randomly, not while performing any certian task

PC HARDWARE -
900mhz Athalon Thunderbird
384mb RAM (K-BYTE 3 sticks 128mb pc100)
10gb Seagate 7200rpm IDE HDD
D-Link DFE-500TX PCI and SMC EZ Card PCI 10 ethernet cards
Artec 16x DVD-ROM
OptoRite cd burner
BCM BC133KT-100 MoBo with audio
16mb Diamond Stealth III video card
Windows 2000 Pro SP3 with all updates

all this hardware has been in the pc and working fine for well over a year, and i havent updated or changed any drivers

I dont think that this would have anything to do with it but in my device manager under network adapters there should only be listings for the 2 NIC's but I have a 3rd that lists "WAN Miniport (IP) #2" .... if this has nothing to do with it just disregard it and i'll post it in a new thread

any help appreciated
xxxzombiexxx

Have you added/changed your internet provider? The WAN Miniport is setup when you configure an internet connection. That is normal and required for internet service (usually), but it doesn't play nice with Adaptec Easy CD/DirectCD on W2K. If you are running the Adaptec software, you will either have to get an upgrade (Roxio owns the Adaptec software now) or get rid of the WAN miniport.

I think I may have found the problem. uhcd.sys is a windows usb driver. my keyboard is a MS Natural Keyboard Pro with 2 usb ports. I recently installed a usb cam and ran it through my keyboard. Going to see if MS has an updated usb driver and reinstall it. if not i will just uninstall the cam completely. I'll post later if this fixes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back