Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSM/Third party cert question

Status
Not open for further replies.

fondog2

Systems Engineer
Jan 19, 2006
US
Hello to all,
Working on a survivable project and had something come up. This is ASP running on an 8300E with R10. Deployed a BSM using SDM client. Added the SIP entity in SMGR but the DRS isn't coming up and neither is the SM100 IP. Did an initTM -f verified the enrollment password but the DRS still failed. I pulled the DRS log and found the error org.bouncycastle.tls.TlsFatalAlert: certificate unknown (46). My question is and I am no cert guy is how do you generate this from SMGR to provide to the party that signs them. Then what needs to be done to install so this will link up? The R10 ASM manual is pretty thin on how to.

Thank you,

Does the BSM have the 3rd party root installed? There is a script that will allow you to install it.

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

No. I was trying to get this thing to first link up with my SMGR but found that the host names are not matching up which won't allow the SMGR to push down the SM100. When I run the cat /etc/hosts in the SMGR and the BSM they don't match. I noticed after deploying it that every host name in the BSM has ASM at the end instead of what I configured. I tried editing them but it still isn't syncing.

If you have a 3rd Party cert on your SMGR and you don't have the root installed on the SM/BSM then you are going to have issues. If you need to change the hostname then run SMnetSetup scrip too

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Thanks mattKnight,
I found that the current release of BSM software is adding BSM to the end of all the hosts and SMGR won't except it. I tried to edit them but it still isn't syncing. I have Avaya looking at it now and they don't know why this is happening. Seems to be a bug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back