Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BSD 090 Errror

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbzropi1

Technical User
Nov 15, 2002
CH
Hi there

I have a 11C mini wich is connected by monomodal fiber to
a remote cabinet using a 3km fiber cards, that it send a lot of BSD 090 Errors. Doing this kind of problem, the normally telephony service is quite strongly disturbed.

Who can help me ?

Hello
BSD 090 .. the manual states
the program has detected a power fault indication..

Action... check power monitor indicators.
If there is a power failure but no fault is found the minor alarm lamp lights
on the attendant console.
if a power fault HAS been detected and the overlay area is idle, then LD45 is
run in the background.
To restore the regular backgound programs defined in LD17, let LD45 run twice
and issue the clear major alarm command (CMAJ) from LD30,LD35,LD54 or LD92

I hope this helps you

Colin
Colin

Hi Colin
Thanks for your help, but it isn't generate from any kind of power problems. I suppose it could be something who comes from the fiber side(too less power), and I think that because I can reproduce the same problem in the labor whit an opt 11C.
I dont know, and nobody knows, the right light level that I should have.

Are there any other messages that occur with the BSD090? I have an opt 61C with Carrier Remote shelves. When there is a "hit" (bursty errors or carrier/AIS alarm) on the tie between the switch and the remote shelf, BSD090 and PWR013 messages are generated. This occurs because polling messages between the switch and the remote shelf are interrupted. My guess is your BSD090 messages are due to problems on the fiber link between the 11 mini and the remote shelf.

Hi Tbzropi1,
I currently work on several 11 mini's, and all the ones that I work on have the same problem. My company has called nortel several times and we can not seem to find a solution to that problem. We have chg'd cpu's, fiber link's and the entire cabinets and we can not resovle the issue. I have talked to several techs out in california and they've told me to go ahead and reset the fiber cards, and that seems to work for awhile. I believe that nortel knows about this issue but does not have solution for it. Your not alone, good luck.

Hi Tbzropi1, I had a problem with 3Km fiber on a Option 11c. We swapped out cards and tested the fiber, Never solved the problem. We were running on single mode fiber. While the tests were in spec of Nortel requierements. We changed to Multi Mode fiber. (Which requires different cards of course.) We have be clean for over six months. We were getting Bsd 90's and Bug4216 on our sets. The only difference was the fiber hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back