Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BS 340 Installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

adminpabx

Technical User
Dec 29, 2010
MG
I seek expertize to use maximum length of 1.9 km line cable (Cat 5) in installing a BS 340. How can I make use of extra power pair. What precautions should be taken in a rainy season.

Can anyone please advise on this issue how to connect EPP and which pair goes where.

The external power feeding (EPP) is connected to pair 1 and 2 on the RJ45. The two RJ45 sockets are connected in parallel and the EPP input is polarity independent.
N.B normally the maximum achievable cable length is limited by the data transmission and not by the power feeding.

Thanks etampou for your input
That means:
1) Connect one RJ45 to the center port SC0 (pin 3&6) SC1 (pin 4&5)
2) Connect other RJ45 to the second port EPP pair on pin 1&2
If I am not mistaking pin 1 starts from left when we hold RJ45 on a crimp tool

I don't have directional antenna and I am expecting 4 to 5 DECT connecting on this BS at a distance of 1.4 km.
Will it work ?

Yes, this is correct.
It is always very risky to connect base station at, or near the maximum cable length.
If you have access to the documentation, you will find a lot of information on expected cable length related to cable types and line noise. A good advice; never sell a system/installation with the described cable length before you have thoroughly tested the base station(s) for correct function and stability.

@adminpabx

You dont need to use another RJ45 connector, but simply can make use of the 1 & 2 pins of center Port RJ45 as told by etompau. As the both ports are connected in parallel anyway, Only one RJ45 is sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back