Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browsing ALEX with Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjmcneil

Technical User
Jun 1, 2005
GB
Hi Folks,

Has anybody managed to get ALEX working with Mozilla Firefox? I've tried fiddling with the preferences but it only gives you the option of using Netscape or Internet Explorer.

Many thanks...

Uhmmmm.... It's some week I'm here and many times I hear speak about Alex, What does it is? For the documentation, I use Dynatext with the BC10 documentation and the Italian part (for the configuration of the lines). But Now i'm curious of what this fantomatic Alex is, someone can tell me?

And also, it's possible to download it somewhere or it's a proprietary documentation and it's protected by copyright?

Thank
Mirko

Yes i work with mazilla , and i don't have any problem with alex .

Hi ozgur74,

How did you configure ALEX to use it? The preferences for ALEX 7.2 only let you browse the libraries using Netscape or IExplorer. When I try to make Firefox view one of the pages it says "edw is not a registered protocol".

I'd appreciate any help with this.

also I forgot to say

its the supercessor to Dyna-text

its a web "type" browser

I liked dynatext and the thing that was before it as well.

ALEX can be a pig to find things, unfortunatly you can not bookmark things so end up having to remember or re-searching things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back