Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browsers closes without giving any notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

mach04

Technical User
Jun 21, 2004
DK
I have recently being experiencing that when visiting some web pages such as yahoo games, the pages I have opened suddenly closes without noticing, sometimes the rest are not closed. This does happens both to IE6 and Firefox 2.
I have ran several antispyware and an antivirus but none of them have helped me in this case. I have no problem using the pc nor going on internet. I am using XP home version.
I was wondering if someone know how to tackle this.

I did deactivate them one by one but nothing has happened. Along the programs that are installed on my pc, I see this one which I am not sure what it is for, MSXML 4.0 SP2, I am not sure where this has come from, is it ok to uninstall this?

That's a windows update that you should leave in place. There are several security fixes.

I tried to run the program several times, but everytime it closed my browsers, the same problem as I had for a while.

Did you run avg anti spyware yet?

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

I have Ad aware, spywarebooster, and Superantispyware on my pc. I ran all these 3 but didnt solve the problem.

Please run the avg anti spyware.

There is a point in wisdom and knowledge that when you reach it, you exceed what is considered possible - Jason Schoon

Well I did ran the AVG antispyware, it did found some spyware but didnt help to solve my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back