Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

browser window without bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

gapla

Programmer
Dec 15, 2003
ES
How can i display a html page without any kind of bar on the browser window? Is there a cross-browser solution?

My browser window belongs to me, I control the bars. But you may open a second window and control the bars with this.

Code:
<script>
window.open("window_without_bars.html","viewNoBars");
</script>

There are actually three arguments for the window.open() method, the third argument is a list of features allowed with the window such as height, width, postion, scrollbars, toolbar, and more. The default for items which are not listed is to not show them. Except size which will be whatever I have as the normal size of my window.

Well if you really want to make your users angry with you you could use this;
Code:
<body onLoad = "window.open('your window.htm', 'NewWindow', 'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no,fullscreen=yes')">bla </body>
and then in yourwindow.htm use this in the body tag;
Code:
<body scroll = "no">
Just make sure you tell you user about using ctrl w to close the window or they will be rebooting thier computer to see anything else.

Glen

Hi Glen,

Will this script work with NS 6 and 7?

Thanks,

Hi Glen,

Will this script works with NS 6 and 7?

Thanks,

Nope, NS doesn't support scroll = "no" I don't beleive. But I'm not sure. BTW to close the original window when it loads you can use
Code:
<body onLoad = "window.open('YourWindow.htm', 'NewWindow', 'toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status=no,menubar=no,scrollbars=no,resizable=no,copyhistory=no,fullscreen=yes');[COLOR=red] opener=self;window.close();[/color]">

Glen

Yes, I know that but what I mean here if the window you launched has no title when runing with browser NS6 or 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back