Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browser will not retrieve search results

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddamm

IS-IT--Management
Dec 11, 2002
US
All clients are using Internet Explorer. I have one Windows 98 client on the network that functions correctly. All the others (Windows 98 and XP) have the following problem:

We subscribe to a service where you can look up businesses and their information based on certain criteria. What doesn't work is to put in a request to retrieve information within a given radius in miles from a particular zip code. This is a feature that the sales staff needs to have function correctly.

I have spoken with the site's technical support. They were of little help. I am working with the client who's browser functions and only one of the other clients.

I have run Spybot and Adaware; the antivirus is up to date, and there has been a recent scan; cleared the temporary Internet files; deleted the cookies; uninstalled Internet Explorer; installed the service packs; repaired IE; made ALL of the settings under Tools > Internet Options identical to the client's that works; made the permissions of the two users identical on the Domain Controller.

There is one difference that I cannot figure out. For the browser that works, the cells into which information can be entered are shaded in yellow. The cells on this page for all the clients that don't function are white.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you

I went to the MS Support site, and the Bejeweled test worked fine.

The link to the mvision site on is broken, but I went to the mvision site. I tried to download the VM but couldn't because their scan showed a newer version already installed on the desktop.

I tried the link to the Sun site, but the connection timed out.

Any other ideas?
Thanks

I saw a link to sun's site in a different thread ( and downloaded and installed the latest version of their VM. The browser still has the same problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back