Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browser Redirect Hijack - Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dupuytren

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2003
US
I believe some kind of browser hijack has occurred on my computer, here's the symptoms:

1. I use the Google toobar to search for a subject
2. I click on any item on the returned list
4. I am redirected to a web site other than what I wanted, usually one selling something related to what I originally requested in my Google search.
5. The redirect appears to be random, not to the same site every time, but almost always to a site selling something related to my Google search.

I've run 4 different anti-spyware products (SpyBot, Ad-Aware, XoftSpy & SpyHunter) on my computer and while they do find and remove various spyware infestations, this problem persists.

Any help with this would be appreciated -- I WANT MY GOOGLE BACK!

Download hijackthis from the link below. Extract to desktop or prefered folder. Open it up and choose do a system scan and save a logfile, post the logfile on here. Do not attempt to fix anything unless your sure of what your doing as most items are legit.

Thanks, I was looking at the majorgeeks web site earlier today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back