Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browser prolems after new Dial-up change

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony72000

IS-IT--Management
May 5, 2002
GB
Help!

I have recently upgraded to ADSL from a standard dial-up connection. Is have changed the ISA to use the new dial-up (with a new static IP address) but now Internet Explorer on the server will not connect to the internet.

E-mail’s are fine and I can ping any server outside my network. All clients can access the internet with no problems, but I can't access the internet on the server.
The ISA server and DNS are on the same computer (Windows SBS 2000). It used to work fine on the old dial-up.

Any clues?

Hi,

did you resolve this issue yet?
I am stuck with the exact same problem.
I installed W2K server with ISA 2000. ISA dials in for me and the server itself cannot resolve HTTP. All other computers access the net just fine.

Timo

Hi,

Yes I did. You can't just change the dial-up entries in the ISA Managment snap-in .

Because I use SBS200, I used the new connection wizzard in the server administrator consol.

Not sure if your just using Windows 2000 server. Just the internet connection wizzard!

Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back