Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Browse with split window without duplicate list 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mengzs

MIS
Jul 23, 2001
US
Hello there,

I need help about this in Foxpro for Windows 2.6

I need to borwse a 10 fields table and I want the first 5 fields show in left parttition and the last 5 fields in right partition. like:
1|2|34|5##6|7|8|9|0

Now I tried
Brow lock 5

all 10 fields listed in the right partition.

OR how can I make right window strat with no. 6 fields and hide the first 5 fields ?

Thanks for your help

If you are displaying all the fields anyway, why does it need a line down the middle? Not to be nosey, but explain a little more about what you are doing and maybe we can come up with an alternative. As far as I know, Fox 2.x doesn't have that sort of capability.

Dave S.

Thanks Dave,

We need match PO and INVOICE. It's more clear if we can put PO in one window and INVOICE in another window. Make the user easy to match PO vs Invoice, easy to find out problem.

I try to put a seperator in the middle of browse window, but I cannot find the correct SYMBOL. All letter I put there are not that clear to seperate them.

Any sugestion ?

Not sure if you've already tried this, but it is an option:

BROWSE LOCK 5 REDIT (or LEDIT) PARTITION 1 LPARTITION

This will split the window and give you a browse alongside a change window. Another option would be to use the table twice, set a relation, and browse them in two different 'windows'.

Dave S.

I tried Open Again and set relation to. The problem is the right window only show the record that match the record in left window.

What I need is PO info in left window, Invocie info in right window. PO to Inovice is ONE to ONE. They are same record in same table and showed in seperated window. They move together when records move.

I also tried open two woindows one disp PO and the other disp Invoice. They cannot move together. If record in left window moved, I can move record in right window but it wouldn't show in the same line as left window.

I like the way the partition window's display. The only problem is how can hide PO info in the right window(invoice) or make the invoice number show in the first column of right window.

The last thing I want to do is find a obvious seperator to be a browse field . like
browse field po1,po2,po3,;
sp="seperator" :W=.f. ,;
inv1,inv2,inv3
to make it look like two windows.

Help me find he seperator like black-square ...

I think that if you are wanting the side by side thing to work, you will have to use that method to make it work. You can use sp = CHR(219) for a "black square".

browse fields po1,po2,po3,;
sp = CHR(219) :W=.f. ,;
inv1,inv2,inv3 ;
FONT 'Foxfont'

Otherwise, you will have to leave it up to the users to size and position their own browse window.

Dave S.

There is a way with "open again" (no need of the set relation to".

You can put a WHEN register validation to both browse's, for example:

FUNTION update_other_browse
m.rec = RECNO()
IF ALIAS() = "ALIAS1"
KEYBOARD "{CTRL+F1}"
SELE 2
GO m.rec
SELE 1
KEYBOARD "{CTRL+F1}"
ELSE
KEYBOARD "{CTRL+F1}"
SELE 1