Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brother HL1670N laser printer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 19, 2002
GB
We've got two of these things, and recently one, closely followed by the other, started showing an E50 error. Brother advised me that the fuser assembly need replacing, which I duly did. Switched on and the error message was still displaying. A further call to Brother and they told me to press the + and Go buttons together, to enter a menu which would let me reset the error. Didn't work of course, the printer just keeps flashing E50 error.

Any takers on this?

Get a BROTHER technician to come and sort it out themselves, at no cost to you for all the inconvienece.

I have same printer - same error. For a month it gave me e49 but I could turn it off and on several times and then the error would go away and it would run for a day to a week. Now this e50 won't go away at all. Brother wouldn't tell me what the e49 was- said I had to take it to a service center. I called three centers (nearest one was 50+ miles away) to get an estimate. None of them could find that error in their tech manuals. One of them finally called Brother, then called me back and said it was a fuser issue, and that it would cost around $300 to fix. Just wondered what you ended up doing. It's too bad, because I loved this printer until it stopped working and Brother gave me poor service!

Sounds like the printer is not seeing the new fuser.
It could just be dirty..

If the printer is not under warranty there are plenty of locals that will have a look for you.

You might carefully look inside and see if there is anything visible.
Are you using the proper fuser and not a recharged one?
Bad fuser might do the same thing....new or not. Kimber

The more I learn,I realize how much more there is to know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back