Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

broken configuration with r11 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrisag

Programmer
Sep 12, 2012
CY
Hi all

I upgrade a server edition from R10.1 to R11 and that broke the send original caller id when a telephone is forwarded to mobile.
Before that setting was in the sip uri tab and it was the option
send caller id : diversion header.
After the upgrade the sip uri settings are changed and that bloke this. I have have tried a combination of settings there but it doesn't work.

Does anyone have the same issue?

This is what worked for me:

R11SipURI_pnxzgh.jpg

Thank you both for your answers

I did what the technical bulletin but I have one issue.
Short code is 9N-dial-NSS.
The problem is that the person who takes the forwarded call sees the leading 9 and then the phone number.

I believe that's because the 9 is on the prefix tab

Yeah something must be broken. Mine (R11 SP1) still sends the FROM as the users DID regardless of what I do. Broken ass SIP, haha.

-Austin
I used to be an ACE. Now I'm just an Arse.
qrcode.png

Depends what is required, there is an issue in 10.1 SP3 and R11 that it doesn't send diversion header on twinned calls if you don't have a desk phone logged in.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

What is required is that when I call a phone and it twins, it should send the FROM as my original calling party, and it fails to do so. it goes through (yay), but won't send the correct caller ID.

-Austin
qrcode.png

So do you have a desk phone on the twinned extension?

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

yep

-Austin
qrcode.png

It is a bit complicated, I think I worked out that you need to use caller in the relevant boxes rather than original caller (which wordwise would seem to make most sense).

Use Internal Data
Internal_Data_uwvmeu.png

Explicit CLI presentation
Explicit_CLI_emvnbj.png

I dont think the P Asserted ID Forwarding/Twinning setting makes a difference, I believe it is the contact box

| ACSS SME |

Yeah I know, I used "caller" for the forwarding/twinning in contact. I've tried remote party ID, all of the P-ID's, and diversion header. Consistently fails to send the caller ID.

-Austin
qrcode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back