Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brocade Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

durban56

Technical User
Oct 10, 2006
US
NEED HELPPPPPP!!!!
I have a 4800 Silkworm brocade switch that I can not remember the password to.

Is there ANYWAY for me to reset the password on these type of switches.

I'm fairly certain there is a way to do this by connecting directly to the mainboard inside the switch via serial cable - I just googled and got this back for the 2400.....

In the event that a user changes a password and forgets it, the password can be reinitialized.

To reset factory defaults

1. Connect the serial port to a PC/workstation using a standard serial cable with a DB9 connector.

2. Establish a connection to the shell.

The prompt is displayed as switchName:userName>

For example: sw4:admin>

3. Enter the configDefault command.

That is true for the old 1GB 2xxx series switches, but not for the new switches running newer code.

The user is now responsible for setting up the root, factory, user, and admin passwords, without these the only way to get in is by doing a reset which can be obtained by Brocade support.

If you have the documentation on the Switch - and the ability to shut it down - there is a Jumper inside that can be re-set to reset all to original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back