Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brocade sw3014/4016/4424 ip changes need reboot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpezeur

MIS
Nov 7, 2002
US
Hi

we are migrating all of our hardware equipment to a new VLAN for security. EMC is handling switches covered under their maintenance, but we are responsible for the brocade servers that are housed in our Dell blade chassis. These switches are brocade sw3014, sw4016 and sw4424. Each of these brocades only has one network connection.

My question is, when I change the IP address of each of these brocades, do they require a reboot to take effect, or is it automatic?

also, if someone can tell me I can determine the MAC address of the ethernet adapter, that would be great

thanks in advance

You have to reboot them in order to changes take effect.

thanks

as for the second question: the only way I can determine the MAC address for each switch is to run arp -a from another host on the network. Is it correct that there is no command to run from the brocade to list the MAC address

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back