Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Broadvoice SIP Trunks On BCM 450 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

accumatt

Vendor
Jun 15, 2005
US
I've got a customer that signed up for Broadvoice SIP trunks for their BCM 450 6.0

Broadvoice is a bit different setting up than other providers we've done in the past in that you just connect to the IP and you don't input a password

With that being said we've got it mostly working. Works probably 98% of the time.

Customer has 23 SIP trunks from Broadvoice however we've never seen more than half that in use at the absolute most.

The couple issues we are having:
- Occasionally they can not dial out, they get a fast busy
- 1 way audio

Again this happens only periodically. Everything will work fine and then say around 9am it happens and then goes away all day and comes back at around 4 or so. I'm not sure if those are their high traffic times but again they have 2-3 times as many SIP trunks as they need.

Broadvoice says we are not returning the RTP string on the incoming call and that's what causes the 1 way audio. And also it says we are sending out random port numbers instead of 5060 which we checked in monitor and we do see the BCM trying to use other port numbers but can't figure out for the life of us why it would be doing this.

I have attached screenshots of our settings. Any help or suggestions is greatly appreciated.

Screenshot_3_vfeeck.png
Screenshot_4_w3m0gs.png
Screenshot_2_lsy1gu.png
Screenshot_6_wgx5ov.png
Screenshot_1_yxyg76.png
Screenshot_5_ko6ihz.png
Screenshot_7_bwkjkn.png
Screenshot_8_lprns3.png
Screenshot_10_a4amjl.png
Screenshot_9_qlms6b.png
Screenshot_11_hdbue8.png
Screenshot_13_a35pue.png
Screenshot_12_egrwli.png
Screenshot_15_iizvrl.png
Screenshot_14_j4kh58.png
Screenshot_16_h324cn.png
Screenshot_17_bopyqj.png
Screenshot_18_gsx9bi.png
Screenshot_19_cbjvz7.png
Screenshot_20_qzjcld.png
Screenshot_23_dxkyeg.png
Screenshot_21_tb2y65.png
Screenshot_24_itng8m.png
Screenshot_25_kjz72y.png
Screenshot_22_chkefg.png
Screenshot_27_ez4lyo.png
Screenshot_26_xuqceo.png
Screenshot_28_db9unr.png

Something to to try

Public/Accounts/BroadVoice/Basic
-Enter the Proxy address the same as the Registrar address
-Add Port 5060 for both the above

Public/Accounts/BroadVoice/Advanced
Check - Enable Media Relay

ITSP association method
Others you could try are:
From header proxy address match
To header local domain match

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

@curlycord .. Sorry for the delay. We wanted to try each suggestion and give it enough time to see if it worked (because the issue is intermittent) and unfortunately the problem persists.

Any other suggestions?

2 things maybe not related but I would do these anyway:

-Ports 15000 to 15999 under UDPI would remove them, I do not recall them ever having to be used.
You should not need any ports added here or forwarded on the router when it comes to SIP trunks, if possible.
-Enable "Voice Activity Detection" in Media Parameters, this actual fixes an audio issue but I cannot recall the circumstances.

Isolated to Carrier, BCM or the Network, if you have tried all the settings available to you on the BCM.
Things to try...
-Have the BCM on a different router or DMZ (try both)
-Make sure SIP/ALG is disabled on the router
-Get a voip.ms trunk and set it up as the outbound only for everyone.
If it seems to clear the fast busy and audio issue then forward the BroadVoice # to the voip.ms # so that you can test inbound too.
-Try other SIP account settings here, specifically BroadSoft.

There is not more I can offer on this one, looking like a network issue more and more.

Nice they didn't consult before going with BroadVoice.

FYI -the screen shots are hard to read, consider Win+Shft+S instead of printing the whole window which makes it look small.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

We put the Broadvoice IP in the Local (SIP > Public > Basic) which I think seemed to fix the outbound fast busy issue.

We still have the issue of the occasional 1 way audio on inbound calls.

Seems like both problems still exist.

I think our next step is going to have the customer put the BCM on the DMZ so we can determine if it's a network issue.

Also, how do we get the IP address to populate in the discovered public address field? Ours seems to stay at 0.0.0.0.. Would this have any impact?

Not quite sure, I know somebody had SIP Trunk issues and had to enable Stun Server but I forgot the details.

Under IP Subsystem modify the Public Network

Two options:
Manual method - Click Modify and enter the known public IP
Auto Populate - Click Modify and check the Discovery Flag box, it should then auto populate the public IP address shortly after you exit that part or programming, if not then stick with the manual method.
This is required when using IP sets, if the client has dynamic IP then you have to change this every time the IP changes, so will the remote IP set users.
With Stun it's easier on the tech or admin, one less thing to do when the IP changes.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hey @curlycord .. We're still trying to figure out the issue here.. They asked if we could send out the customer's public IP in the header (versus it currently sending out the BCMs address). Any idea if this can be done? And if so, how? Thank you

I do not see where you can send the public IP

I found this from a 3cx forum:

"This sounds like the same issue that I was running in to. Make sure that your Firewall rules going from 3CX out are not being NAT'd.
My PBX vendor was saying the same thing and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it was sending the internal IP rather than the Public IP. Just a thought."

Maybe play with NAT be it BCM or Router.

Outta Ammo!

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

In 2021, after many years of trouble free service with Flowroute, I suddenly had problems completing outgoing calls. I contacted tech support and they said my BCM50 was sending the local LAN address instead of the public IP address. I hadn't changed any of the settings, so I have no idea what changed.

I fiddled with the advanced settings and enabled local NAT compensation and media relay. My outgoing calls started working again and Flowroute said everything now looked good on their end. Might give this a try and see if that fixes the problem.

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Thank you guys.. Going to play with this now.

accumatt, anything on this?

I am curious ...since you have the Public IP manually entered (no STUN) then in Advanced enable NAT and Media Relay.
Also in Basic/Registrar put in port 5060 or 5160.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back