Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Broadcasting large amounts of traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2003
CA
Hi... This is the second server I have seen do this in one month. It is an SBS server with Exchange... and MSSQL installed... All patches and service packs... Norton Corporate...With the latest virus definitions.

The Problem is that when I connect this box to the Internet it broadcasts out constantly and kills network connectivity for client workstations trying to access shares.... Can anyone make a suggestion as to what may be causing this??? I would like to resolve it without blowing the server away.....

Thx

--Rory--

One possibility among many is to check and see how often Norton is trying to push definitions to the clients.

Have you run the FixBlast program from Symantec. It may be infected with the Blaster Virus. Double check that.

Not too sure the box will not even boot anymore....

I am currently installing on a temp box. My new problem is that I do not know exactly how to export all my user accounts from AD + restore Exchange from a secondary drive... If I could boot from the drive I could use Ldifde + windows backup...
Any suggestions??

THX

--Rory--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back