Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BroadCast Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

robros

Programmer
May 22, 2001
US
Hello
I am still learning how to work around in NT 4.0
I was wondering How can I send a message to all the users that are currently connected to that machine.

I know in dos you can use net send but that is to one machine I would like to be able to send to all currently connected users.

Thanks ahead of time for you help...

if you are ina a domain you can send "net send /domain". and all machines in the domain will receive the message.

try "net send /?"

You can also use the command net send * and this will send out to all computers attached.

Hope this helps... mot98..[peace]

"Where's the beer?"

Just to add to my previous post. The net send command will only work on NT platforms. It needs the messenger service running in order to work.

For win9X clients you will have to use WinPopUp or some other messenger software.

mot98..[peace]

"Where's the beer?"

Thanks again...but Where do I find WinPopUp and must it be running on the Win9x machines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back