Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Broadcast Agent Fault Redundancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyBryant

Technical User
May 30, 2003
GB
HI,
Anyone able to help with this query please
We have a 4 server cluster of Webi 2.7, 1 master and 3 nodes . Two nodes are setup as BCA schedulers and both run batch jobs, so the bca configuratioin is fully redundant.
However because within the cluster you can only have 1 master, now I know if the master goes down our clients will be unable to logon to webi but does this also mean that BCA will be unavailable ? or will the schedulers still perform without any problems ?
grateful for any information

Regards

Manager gone=everything gone. If you really want to ensure the BCA is up, you shouldn't include it in your clusters.

Also, BO clusters are a disaster. You should use all cluster managers and use a hardware load balancer.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Thanks for that, however we have to use a cluster, CSS and local director won't help because the storage files have to stay local on the master server, to move storage to a remote SAN etc would mean the servers have to stay logged on all the time, and this is a security threat

Why would they have to stay logged on. We do this all the time as long as the id that runs the BO processes has access to the SAN, then it works fine.

No company is more into security than mine. We have firewalls all over the place. I have to use a SecurID to access a VPN to access a database from my office. I assure your our servers are not logged on.

Steve Krandel
VERITAS Software

Hi,
Thats helpful cheers
How do you maintain a link to the Storage area is it through a mapped drive or dfs name via a variable ?
I understand that it is possible, however usually this means mapping a drive via a service on startup, but if say there is a n unplanned network outage and the serviced connection is lost BO will not know about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back