Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bring up window a certain size 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

sawfish

Technical User
Apr 21, 2002
GB
just that really, what I would put in the head to make a window come up centred on screen and at a certain size, not full screen

I forgot to say, the html window is called up from a button in a Flash file!

search the forums for threads on sizing windows.
It has to be done with javascript and has been beaten to death in various threads.

make sure you search;

HTML forum215
Web site designers forum253
Javascript forum216

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?

Nothing I could find seemed to be in any way understandable unless you are a master of code, surely its not that hard to describe how to bring up an html window a certain size through a button in a flash movie!

Sawfish,

There are many posts dealing with this topic in the Flash forum as well. Chris is right... this subject has been covered completely in multiple forums. You should not have any trouble finding what you need.

That said add the following actionscript to your button in Flash:
Code:
on(release){
    getURL("javascript:window.open('URL','windowName','features');");
}

In place of features add width=300 height=300 for a 300x300 square window.

I also recommend referring to the Flash forum for more on this subject.

Hope it helps,

Wow JT that almost looked like you knew what you were doing!

1. make a real or a facke link (in Properties tab set the link fild to either "#" or "javascript:;"
Code:
<a href="#">link</a>
2. select the link and go to Design>Behaviros Tab and choose "Open Browser Window"...fill in.

All the best!

> need more info?
:: don't click HERE ::

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back