Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brightstor Runtime Error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdwalz

Technical User
May 10, 2004
CA
I am getting a runtime error when trying to select/open backup jobs in the job queue window. Brightstor Version 9.0 running on Windows 2000 server.

Try setting 'Disable script debugging' in tools, internet options, advanced, browsing of Internet explorer.

Changed the setting and the problem still exsists. I have also deleted the backup jobs and re-initialized the databases. Nothing has worked so far.

As a test
close the manager
stop all the AS services
Move the directory 00000001.qsd to a different location
startup and setup new jobs
test

If this solved the problem then it was due to a corrupt queue.

davidmichel - tried all of that and no success.

Could this be caused by an Internet Explorer update??

check you are running at least IE 5.5 SP2, other than that I can only think you have a corrupt installation.

Installed Internet Explorer 6 and the Run-time errors went away. I do however have another question about the activity log. When I click on the Activity Log tab it will take between 30 and 60 seconds to open up. Once it is opened the first time then all other times it opens fine.
This happens even when the Activity log is purged.

Starting from BAB 9.0, you have a new feature of sorting / viewing feature of the activity log in the arcserve manager window. i.e. Right click in the activity log window and you get to see the Option "Organize" - by job / information/error/ warning etc.. I believe that probably is taking that time. But normally it should be happening the fly. It is probable that you might see this behavior if your server is heavily loaded or probably arcserve itself is installed in a compressed volume.

Hi,
Is there sufficient free space on the drive where arcserve is installed?

Speshalyst

So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back