Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BrightStor for Netware v9 - HUNG JOB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denda

MIS
Oct 30, 2001
US
Hi all -
We have BrightStor for Netware v9 & actually has been running pretty darn good for an Arcserve Product. That is... until now.. I have a hung job that will not stop via console or job manager, after telling the job to stop via console it just sits there, when I try to stop the job via manager, it states failed to stop job. I have bounced the server & then tried cancelling the jobs & nothing, still showing active on the console & finished on the manager. I also have set the startup file to not activate Arcserve automatically & I still am unable to stop the job! HELP!

After restart of Arcserve you have to be very quick to delete the Job .when running astart go quick to scheduler when it is started and delet the job
(that was my trick on AS 6.6IT)

Thanks Jo! That was the only way I could get this darn thing to die! Was be really quick!

mohamdr - This is for Novell, not Windows, that does not work for the Netware Product. Thanks anyways!

Dear Belynda,

Have you any experience with the ARCserve backup v9 for Netware ?

After installing and starting the ARCserve from the Netware console I receive one error:

E0244 Unable to reschedule job [job number] in queue [queue name

and the backup start not.
Have you any info to this ?

Ai have NW6 with SP2

here is your fix.

Stop arcserve from the command console in Netware.

type Astop.

download the patch from the following link and install it. follow the directions on the page.

You shoudl have Ver7 for this patch as far as i know there is no other version beyond 7 for netware.

if there is a version 9 out then it would be farely new and i recommend contacting CA support about your problem if the above patch is not what will help you and if it is not the right version.

Olepi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back