Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BrightStor Enterprise 10.5 HPUX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denda

MIS
Oct 30, 2001
US
I have just installed BrightStor Enterprise 10.5 for UNIX. Our O/S HPUX 11i. I see a backup directory was created within the BEB home directory & it has the following files in it.
HEADER.CTF
S0000001.ctf.000 - S0000001.ctf.003

This directory alone is taking up aprox 6G! Can I delete this directory? I can't find anything on CA's site, of course!

Not familure with UNIX so I'm only guessing here.
1) They are part of the database.
2) They are debug logs.

See if you can identify the type of files they are and then if they will fit into either of those. If it is the database don't delete them but find out how to maintain the database size. If they are logs then check for any debug setting that might have been enabled.

These are tape sesssion ctf and tape header files header.ctf

That means you are backing up to disk rather than backing up to your tape device.

did you create a File system device?

Or did you want to backup to the tapedrive on the HPUX host or did you want

re-run csetup and take off your filesystem device and configure your tape or tape library.

cheers

That's it! Thanks. I kind of thought that was it, but I wanted to make sure. On a couple tests, the backup could not find the tape drive, so I think it just backed up to disk. I need to find that parms to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thanks a ton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back