Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brightstor does not merge session data

Status
Not open for further replies.

gclarke

Technical User
May 26, 2003
US
After many a day suffering with Arcserve 7, I have just installed BrightStor Arcserve 9 onto a brand new Novell NetWare 6 sp3 server with a Dell PV120T DLT autochanger. I installed the Brightstor software as per the instructions and then updated the bti.cfg file as described in: Managing and Configuring the ARCserve Database with Btrieve 7. I have set up two jobs, one backs up the data from the server volumes such as (Vol1, Vol2 etc (both traditional and NSS)) whilst the other job backs up the SYS volumes every two weeks.

On the first job that I carried out, which was the backup of the SYS volumes, I get the following in my activity log.

Aug-07 16:21:17 BTRV Failed to access: SYS:\ARCSERVE\DATABASE\ASTPSES.DB, 100
Attempting to: Open File
No Cache Buffers Available

Aug-07 16:21:17 ASDB NLM ASDB : E4216 [0000] Failed to find tape record with Tape ID [0] SessionID [3]

Aug-07 16:21:19 1 Connect to node NW48 @ 172.17.0.208 (TCP/IP)

Aug-07 16:21:21 BTRV Failed to access: SYS:\ARCSERVE\DATABASE\ASTAPE.DB, 100
Attempting to: Open File
No Cache Buffers Available

Aug-07 16:21:21 ASDB NLM ASDB : E4202 Failed to find
SYS_VOLUMES_1025603500,6401,1) tape record

Aug-07 16:21:22 1 E3148 Failed to begin new session in ARCserve Database, 4

Hardly a great start, So what I would like to know is how do I fix this, I have tried repairing the database, and have also replaced the database, by copying the contents of emptydb7 into the database folder. (I also copied the original database to another folder, I have been here before with AS7.) and then merging the tapes back in and i get the same problem. I’ve also been to the CA support site and it was it’s usual helpful self!!

So if the session data doesn't merge into the database then trying to restore the data by session is a non starter and i'm stuffed

Is there anything else I should be doing or any handy hints that anyone can give me (i.e go buy BackUp Exec v9!!!)

Cheers

Graham.

I've changed the settings to the same as those shown in document 10133 and i'm still getting the same problem! (I set the cache size to be 16384 as described)

Cheers

Graham

What is the current size of your database, and how much memory is available on the server ??

regards

The database is brand new, so when the job starts it's 2MB. When the job finishes the databsae summary has the size at 14MB. The amount of memory in the server is 256MB .

Cheers

Graham

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back