Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brightstor Database/Server admin issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grovie

Programmer
Apr 24, 2003
GB
We've got an issue with a brightstor 10.5 installation where up until this morning, although the jobs were running OK on job manager, there was no activity in the activity log and the Brighstoreb.log had not been updated for some time.
We reinitialised ASOBJECT and ASTPSDAT and removed all files from the Log folder and hey presto the database starting logging activity again.
However, it's giving an error (now we can see it) E3073 USER=CAROOT EC=PRIVILEGE NOT HELD. CAconnect suggest to reauthenticate the password through server admin, however this doesn't appear to be installed. We have tried using ca_auth in command line but it's not made any difference.
Have attempted to do it from a remote server, but it fails saying the account doesn't exist.
So I'm a little stuck, have I not done something?
Thanks

Thanks, I've tried it but although it says it worked, it's still got the same issue.
Any ideas?

through server admin, however this doesn't appear to be installed. "

Strange very strange that the ARCserve Server Admin is not installed, and if its not then I'd say best to save the time and reinstall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back