Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BrightStor Bricks Restore is Really Slow 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selke

MIS
Mar 22, 2002
US
Hi, there...

We're running the latest and greatest version of BrightStor v. 9.01 and are experiencing extremely slow bricks restores. I called CA and they told me that if any anti-virus software is running on the Exchange 5.5 server, the restores would be significantly slower. So...I built a brand new dual 2.0 GHz Exchange server with no anti-virus, yet, just to test their theory. It's slightly faster, but not enough to write home about.

Anyone have any tips or tricks to get bricks restores up to a respectable level? Right now they're restoring at about 2.00 MB/minute.

Thanks...

According to CA Bribk Level backups are slow by nature. The manner in which the back up is done is alot more drawn out. Since the mailboxes have sub directories and piles of messages this tends to be quite slow. We get abot 36-40 mb/per min here. Here are some things you can try.

1. Check that you network cards are set to Half Duplex onthe Backup server and the Exchange server.

2. Modify the Agent Net Config to give maximum priority to the back up job.

3. Update the client agent to the latest version from CA, Build 2020.

4. Modify the TCP window size in the registry, please be careful, it's worked well for me.

Good Luck.

Thank you for your reply...

The backups are running around 30-40 MB/minute...that's ok. The restore, however, is the problem. The larger the mailbox, the slower the restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back