Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brightstor Arcserve 9 - What client agents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrizoH

MIS
Dec 23, 2003
GB
I currently have 5 W2K Servers - 1 Arcserve Server backing up itself, 3 SQL servers, and 1 File/Print.

The Arcserve server has Open File and DR Agents installed. The 3 SQL servers have Windows client and SQL client agents installed, the remaining server has no clients.

I'm getting some error messages when backing up the client-less server:

Unable to open file. (FILE=\\DUNSYS02011SV\C$\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Network\Downloader\qmgr1.dat, EC=SHARING VIOLATION)

Other servers backup fine. What client agents do you guys recommend?

Should I install Open File and Windows agents on all servers?

I'd appreciate any info you could give me.

I recommend both the OS agent and the BAOF agent on that machine. The OS Client agent will provide better use of your network resources, as it is a push agent. The Backup Agent for Open Files SHOULD remedy the message you are getting, which indicates that a user or application (potentially your anti-virus product) has the file opened.

Hope that helps.

I'll get both ordered and installed. Thanks for the advice!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back