Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brightstor ARCServe 9 and Exchange Agent 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPCPB

Technical User
May 6, 2003
GB
Greetings,

Originally a customer had ARCServe Backup 9.01 on Windows 2000 with Exchange Agent. (Certificate Services is also installed).

On Thursday, they upgraded to 9.02 SP4a from CA's Support page.

Since then, they are unable to expand the Restored view to show individual mailboxes - they were able to do this without any problems with 9.01.

This means that if they want to restore a single mailbox, they'll have to restore the whole folder, at least - but don't want to risk this since they're not sure whether it's backed up the mailboxes or not.

The error message they are getting is:

E8608 Failed to enumerate databases. (AGENT=dbaexchsrs, EC=EMAIL: Backup Agent Error -- (1355) "Exchange Server Error. HrESEBackupPrepare failed. Check Backup Agent Activity log".)

Does anyone have a solution to this or at least some idea of why this is occurring? (The CA Open Forums have similar questions but no-one has any solutions as yet.)

Thank you in advance!

Kindest regards,

James

Thanks tigger41ks, that was my exact situation.
I didn't have an backup folder called:Microsoft Exchange Server - Database Level (ISR), but I did have one called Microsoft Exchange Server - Database Level (SRS) which is no longer need since I don't use SRS anymore.
Hopefully, the backups will work tonight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back