Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brightness problem on Geforce4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvayaHelp

Programmer
Dec 16, 2003
CA
I have an MSI Geforce4 MX 440 and all of a sudden the brightness will crap out after 5 seconds and I am forced to increase the brightness manually while the file plays. This happens in any player. Example: in WM 9 I start a video file, then after 5 seconds the file is almost playing black, and the brightness is set in the middle, I have to toggle the brightness to 50 or better to see anything.

Again this is no matter what type of file, mpg, avi etc and no matter what player, Real, WM, DivX etc.

Anyone know what's going on?

Thanks.

Avaya, Octel, AUDIX, CMS and other fun stuff.

"There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way."

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

P:-D

I use a GeForce MX400. In the setup for the board, there is a brightness setting for games. Could be problem. Have you pulled the video board and cleaned the contacts with an erasure?

Good idea, I'll try that thanks.

&quot;There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way.&quot;

&quot;I don't have a technical solution to your management problem.&quot; <PeaveyPhones>

I raised the cards gamma but this does not help, yes in games it is ok, yes the monitor is fine nice and bright, but the issue is only when playing video files. The moment the video file starts it will be bright and correct, then after 5 seconds it will dim considerably and thus I have to manually increase the brightness within the software player. It does not matter what player I use, WMP, Quicktime, Real1 etc.

eColor (came with the card, it was a cool gamma inhancer within games) was removed as I thought this might be causing the problem, by the way they are no longer in business.

&quot;There is always a way, it may not be pretty but there is always a way.&quot;

That may be a setting in WMP. Try installing the latest version if it's only happening in WMP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back