Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

brightening edges of a photo 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loverboytim

Technical User
Jun 16, 2006
US
I am trying to teach myself photoshop and illustrator (probably not a good idea lol) and am having problems adding an effect to the pictures I need. It's hard to exactly say what i'm trying to do... Basically I am trying to lighten the edges of a photo enough to make the darker middle of the photo stand out as if it is 3-D. I guess it's kind of like an extrude feature but it basically looks like the middle selected section is raised above the outer edges. If you think you know what i'm talking about please help! lol

Thanks,

Tim

YES!!!I have no clue how to do that lol. Can you tell me?

...which version of photoshop do you use, this will effect how you go about it...

Andrew

I am using Adobe Photoshop Creative Suite 2 Platinum version 9.0.1. By the way thanks a million for you help. I never expected to get a reply lol.

...ok, that is good news then, i have the same version, i will post a graphic to show you the steps...

andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back