Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brightcom 56k Internal Modem Drivers Required!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Have looked and tried all the drivers on Brightcom's web page none make in initialise plz someone tell me where i might be able to find these.....I have also tried Drivers.com they just send u back to manufactures.....

Regards
Sleeper

Look for the manufacturer and number of the main chip on the modem card, might be Rockwell, and then search the web.

Is there a possibility that the modem might just be plain faulty...?

ROGER - GØAOZ.

Yo Roger I've regestured and i dont think so coz i got the computer and it was working fine.....quite a fast modem......then i formated computer coz the build he had Sucked! tooo much chit on there zero filed etc.... reinstalled and it wont go......just opened it up and removed card

It is a rockwell, chip info as follows,
RCVDL56ACFW/SP
R6771-22
©Rockwell 97
9907 B73602.6
Mexico

cheers ill take a look but if i dont post that i've found anything could u try looking for me??

Regards SleeperZ

Look for R6771-22 on my modems page. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

i had already been to your site thanks.....windows doesn't pick up those drivers as being the correct ones :\

Is this WindowsXP we're talking about?
If so, ignore the stupid warning, and install anyhow.
If not, then the manufacturer has screwed with the BIOS on the modem and it will not accept any drivers except those directly from them. Cheers,
Jim
iamcan.gif

No this is windows 98 se and it wont let me continue it says the normal old story windows found no current drivers............blah blah blah u can install but it has a fault and wont initialise got me stumped and i've been playing with computers for at least 10 years.

yes i have tried them but im reinstalling windows now.....will try again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back