Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Brighstor Logfiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyKTN

IS-IT--Management
Dec 25, 2000
BE
Hi, I was wondering if there is a software possibility to parse the BS logfiles ? Jxxxxxx.LOG etc ?
I would like to collect them from all our servers in the morning ? Or should I write a batch to do a copy of J???.LOG to my workstation and delete them locally afterwards ?
Any tips regarding this ?

whaa about inbuilt reporting and the like? you could send an alert when the job is completed and attach the jog files you want.

Is this for Brightstor SRM or Enterprise backup?

guru

It is for Brightstor Enterprise backup.
I haven't tried the built in reporting yet... but it should be able to send the JOB log to me whatever the job end condition ?
And isn't there an option somewhere that clear the activity log before it starts a new job ? That way our daily backup has on the activity log for that day...

On our old ARCserve 2000 server I made a KiXtart script that would rename the ARCserve.log to ARCserve.log.<date> at a specific time (every monday before the first weekly backup would start) so the logfile wouldn't grow to big in case I had to send it to e.g. CA Support or browse through it myself. It workd like a charm.

Regards,
Nicolaj

Hi
Create a batch file that rename current BrightstorEB.log
to another name like previuos job name and put it in POST
backup/restore,so whenever you start a new job old BEB
log will be saved and start fresh log for every job.

Hope this Help

Regards
Mohamdr

I wrote a PERL script to parse the EB log file to get the details of job, for example, job ID, number of files, throughput and etc.

It is pretty simple to do that by using PERL, because BrightStorEB.log is very structure, it is not a big deal.

If you want, let me know, I can share with you, but again, it is just something I play with, not a serious program.

Hi jackywxd,

Your PERL script for parsing EB log files is exactly what I have been looking for. I would be very grateful for a copy.

Regards,

Loot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back