Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged Conf Rooms

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicka29

Technical User
Apr 6, 2009
GB
Hi

I'm in the process our swapping out a Aura for a SE IPO.

The customer as the Aura conferencing suite installed at present which allows the moderator of that bridge to be dialed from any phone they can come in from a DDI and be the moderator that way.

What it looks like from the IPO is you can all have your own bridge but unless that ext is actually dialed in all participants get beeps until logged in.

Is there a way through voicemail pro I can set up a variable where you get asked an ext number you enter it with # and it puts you in a conference room (not worried at this point point about pins). If then another call came in it gets the same message but because you entered a different ext number it would put you in a different conference room.

I know previously when I set up virtual conf rooms before ive set up a menu and the end user would press 1 then a test variable for pin access and then enter the room ( via a shortcode in manager)

As i have over 100 users here I was just wondering is their a variable that does this or am I barking up the wrong tree?? Ive been trying all morning any no luck

Thanks in advance

Nick

Is there a way through voicemail pro I can set up a variable where you get asked an ext number you enter it with # and it puts you in a conference room (not worried at this point point about pins). If then another call came in it gets the same message but because you entered a different ext number it would put you in a different conference room.

Yes, quite easy, collect their digits when entered with a menu, so with a 2?? for example, then transfer to a conference meet me shortcode (8N - Conf Meet Me - .(dot)) using a transfer action that dials say 8$key, that way they will be in their own conferences numbered 8201 for extn 201 and 8203 for extn 203 etc etc :)

Thanks

Thats worked perfectly. If they did want a insert a pin would that be just a test variable between menu and transfer action??

Nick

On every action there is a pin check section, or you can use a test variable/menu etc if you want something specific to happen on failure :)

The way I did my conference is pretty simple, so the main conf rooms are set up as (short code)+extension, e.g. (7)101.
7101 = conf m.me shortcode, 7102 = shortcode for second ext/conf room.

In VMpro I made a conf module with a greeting and variable menu "???" (or whatever the extension characters are. If you have 4 digit extensions (example 1001), then use " ???? " in the variable menu.

Once the caller inputs the extension, the menu links to a transfer where the destination is X$KEY, X being whatever you used for the shortcode (first number + extension). Referring to the above example, it'd be 7$KEY. All user would need is the extension of the room.

Oh yea, almost forgot - Our conf module is only reached via a dedicated DID number.

I hope this simplifies it for you.

(\__/) ||
(•Y•). ||
/ < )<||

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back