Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged Appearnce programming issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

archie819

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2004
US
I am wondering if somebody out there knows of a way to help me with the following:

I have a supervisor that has 2 admins. The 2 admins has bridged call appearances on there phone. The thing is when a call rings in, both phone rings in correclty..The problem I am having is that when both admins answer the call at the same time they are both connected with the caller. Is there a way to keep the bridged appearance but stop it from being able to be answered by 2 people..Let me know

Put the 2 admins in a coverage answer group and add that coverage answer group as point one in the supervisor's coverage group. Then remove the bridged appearances.

Is there any way to keep bridged appearances. the admins would like to see how many calls are being answered..

I beleive that if you turn on data privacy for all three sets, it should prevent the problem you are having. It would essentially make it so that only one caller could connect to the call. The second caller attempt would be locked out.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

To see if the administrators are busy you could drop a busy-ind buttons for the boss on both admins phones.

Where in the programming is Data Privacy located at?

It's a class of service feature. Change the class of service to include one with data privacy.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back