Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged-appearances going silent..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tconn

IS-IT--Management
Nov 30, 2001
US
CM1.3 Definity G3 Ver. 11

I'm looking for a better way to have call-center like functions without the call center software/option. Right now, I have a main extension with 10 lines. I have about 20 phones with unique extensions which has 10 bridge appearances (one for each line). This has worked well in the past, but we would like to have additional phones begin ringing on the third and fifth rings. I've accomplished this by setting a coverage path with three call answer-groups defined as the coverage points. The problem is that when the additional phones begin ringing, the original 20 phones stop audible ringing although the button still shows the ringing status (6416D+).

Any suggestions? I was hoping there was some obscure setting somewhere that I could change and make all this magically work.

you could accomplish the 3 rings portion of it by setting the phones you want to ring after the 3rd ring to delay ring on those same lines.

thanks, tim

Delay and abbeviated doesn't work on bridged-appearances, it just silences the ringing altogether.

When calls go to coverage, an SBA (simulated bridged appearance)which doesn't ring, is kept at the principal station. No way to make it continue to ring I'm afraid.

Maybe you could try something like including an analog station in the coverage answer groups. Attach a flasher or external ringer to the port that can alert your group to waiting callers.

Carpe dialem! (Seize the line!)

for the phones set to delay ring on a bridged apperance to actually ring, the 'auto-a/d ' button on the original set for that bridged app. has to be set to 'y'. then they will ring after the 3rd ring as well as the first group of phones continue to ring.

thanks, tim

I've got a "Auto Select Any Idle Appearance", which is currently set to "n". I'll try that. I don't have anything close to "auto-a/d".

Here's a snapshot:

I found it.. I had "per button ring control" turned off. Now that its on I see the auto-a/d. I'll give that a shot.

Its still not ringing after the coverage path picks up. The button blinks, but no audible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back