Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Bridged appearance issue 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwmarcww

Technical User
Jul 16, 2004
US
I have a client with a s8700. They have someone who wants his admins to have bridged appearances of his extension on thier phones. however if he is on the line on his phone, he doesn't want them to be able to pick up that line. I know there is the exclusion feature, but that has to be manually pushed each time he is on the call. Is there a way to have exclusion automatically put on?

forget it ..i found the autoexclusion in the cos

Ok, you've got me curious now, I looked under out COS's and didn't see an autoexclusion. Also looked in the COR and didn't see it. What release of the switch are you running?

Thanks!

bwilch

i was interested too,

just had a look and if you look at page 12/last page of disp sys features you can enable auto exclusion by COS.

Once enabled you will then see a new entry in 'ch cos'

Wow you learn something new every day on the board!!

1a2 to ip I seen it all

Awsome post. Schooled me too.

Page 15 on CM3.0 and page 14 on CM2.0 of disp sys feat.

Thanks!!!

Oh for it to work properly, I believe you also need to have data privacy stroked to "yes" as well in the COS

Thanks, wwmrcww. I couldn't figure out why this feature wouldn't work. I didn't know that data privacy needed to be set to yes also.

Ok, now the question of the day on this. To "unexclude" now that they're always excluded, how do we go about that? Does the exclude button work in reverse now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back